Originally the RS507 scanner was designed to work with and complement Motorola’s range of rugged mobile computers. After the initial product launch, support for Bluetooth HID mode was added. This allows the RS507 to be connected to a wide range of devices, including PCs.
You will need the following:
Firmware v004-R00. HID Bluetooth support was added in firmware v004-R00. The RS507 will need this version or greater. Details can be found here: v004-R00
RS507 Product Reference guide (PRG) – Make sure it is rev. B or higher:Product Reference Guide
How to change to HID mode
- Perform Clean Boot to the RS507:
- Remove the battery from the RS507.
- Press and hold the Restore key.
- Install the battery onto the RS507.
- Keep holding the Restore key pressed for about five seconds until a chirp is heard and the Scan LEDs flash green.
- Scan the HID bar code
- Perform a Cold Boot by removing and re-installing the battery onto the RS507. The RS507 starts to operate and is discoverable as a keyboard.
Default PIN code is 12345 if needed
Details on pairing and connecting with a Window 7 or XP PC can be found starting on page 7-4 of the PRG.
In testing, it was found that in some cases the North American Standard Keyboard barcode also needed to be scanned for the data to transmit correctly. It can be found on page 7-11 of the PRG.