All QL’s come with a default power.inactivity_timeout set to 1200 seconds. (20 minutes). We will adjust it to 0 to keep it from going into sleep mode. However, if you want it set to a different amount of time simply adjust the number in the power.inactivity_timeout.txt file to the desired number of seconds and continue to follow the instructions below.
*WARNING* This will cause more battery consumption.
Download the following:
Follow these Instructions in order:
- Install the BigFoot application.
- After you install BigFoot connect up the QL to your computer. If you get the found new hardware wizard, just click cancel on this and close it out.
- Run the BigFoot Application. In the top left corner, click AllCv and it will populate. This will verify that you have communication to the QL printer.
- Click on the middle button Send App and this dialog box will open. Change the File Types selection to: Text Files
- Choose the file power.inactivity_timeout.txt and click open.
- You should receive a message in BigFoot “File Send Complete”.
The time out is now set to 0. The printer will not timeout until the value is changed.